Except as permitted by the copyright law applicable to you, you may not reproduce or communicate any of the content on this website, including files downloadable from this website, without the permission of the copyright owner.
The Australian Copyright Act allows certain uses of content from the internet without the copyright owner’s permission. This includes uses by educational institutions and by Commonwealth and State governments, provided fair compensation is paid. For more information, see www.copyright.com.au and www.copyright.org.au.
The owners of copyright in the content on this website may receive compensation for the use of their content by educational institutions and governments, including from licensing schemes managed by Copyright Agency.
OTHER THINGS YOU CAN DO
Here are steps you can take to assist us to give effect to your intentions if you want to be allocated payments for the use of your internet content under our licences.
- use any of the following phrases without qualification: ‘non commercial use’, ‘use in your organisation’, ‘all rights reserved’, ‘free copying’, ‘free for education’
- simply prohibit commercial use (this will be treated as allowing any non-commercial use, such as educational and government use)
- use the word “free” without being clear about:
- what is “free”: for example, viewing, downloading one copy for personal use, downloading one copy to use in connection with teaching, and
- for whom the use is free: for example, teachers who subscribe to your loyalty program or alert service
For files downloadable from your website: