Tail Protector - Cotton Drill Deluxe Everyday tail bag
Superior protection that stays on and keeps your horses tail looking healthy and fabulous. Everyday use actually improves the thickness and condition of the tail hair. Made from 100% cotton drill material that washes well and softens nicely. Custom orders and exact length a specialty. One rug attachment included. A must for the serious competitor.
We can match your day bag tail protector to your cotton drill horse rug.
YOUR CHOICE OF BINDING
|1||Small Pony||11-12.2 hh||Standard||103 cm|
|1||Large Pony||12.3-13.3 hh||Standard||108 cm|
|2||Galloway||14-14.3 hh||Standard||112 cm|
|3||Small Hack||15-15.3 hh||Standard||120 cm|
|3||Large Hack||16-16.3 hh||Standard||124 cm|
|4||Warmblood||Over 17 hh||Standard||129 cm|
|SHORT||Parallel with the Chestnut|
|STANDARD||Halfway between hock & fetlock|
|LONG||Bottom of fetlock|
HINTS FOR CHOOSING THE RIGHT SIZE
If your horse has a thick tail or bigger than average dock size you can mix and match a larger dock size with the length you need. If you are not sure, please provide a dock measurement from around the thickest part of the tail.
HOW TO MEASURE THE RIGHT LENGTH
Start at the side of the dock where the tailbone meets the rump and measure down to your required length. Leave a few extra centimeters for hair growth. If your desired length is not on the chart we are happy to make the bag up to your measurement.
- Cold wash only. Hot wash may damage showerproof coating.
- Always wash with zip closed.
- Drip dray in shade.
- Very cool iron only.
- Do not tumble dry.
- Wash the tail bag before use to soften the material.
- Velcro attachments can be sewn to your under rug using most domestic sewing machines
- The zip is made from heavy duty moulded plastic and is quite robust. If the zipper teeth come out of alignment, lay the tail bag flat and press the teeth into place
- If you have a unique size requirement please contact us for a custom order
- In the interest of the environment we use little to no packaging
HOW TO PUT ON THE TAIL BAG
- Insert your arm through the bottom of the tail bag opening and take hold of the horses tail.
- Pull the tail down through the bag while pulling the bag upwards with the other hand.
- Slide the bag up under the tail.
- Secure the tail bag to the velcro attachment, connecting the zipper ready to close the zipper.
- Smooth down the tail hair through the opening, ensure the zipper flap lays flat and covers the tail hair to prevent any hair getting caught.
- Close the zip holding the bag straight with the pull tab.
- Fold down the top flap attachment to secure.
TO REMOVE THE TAIL BAG
- Peel back the top flap of the attachment
- Carefully peel off the tail bag
- Slide the tail bag down the tail until it has been removed
SEWING THE ATTACHMENT ONTO THE RUG
- Before fitting the tail bag to your rug, allow the rug to settle into place by wearing for min 1 hour.
- Thread tail bag onto the horses tail as per instructions.
- Place the tail bag onto the bottom velcro strip of the attachment (in the centre to allow for some adjustment up & down). Fold top velcro strip over and secure to the rug.
- Position the tail bag comfortably as per diagrams below.
- Mark underside of the rug where the fold line of the attachment reaches. Remove tail bag.
- Sew attachment to underside of rug where marked, using 2-3 straight lines of stitching.
- If attaching to heavy duty fabric, ie canvas, take it to your local rug repairer.
© Copyright 2016 Woollybutt Designs